Thursday, September 22, 2011

Langley Art Studio Tour and Dahlia bouquets.

There are lots of events coming up in the next couple of weeks. The first is the Langley Art Studio Tour. This event is Sept 24-25 & Oct 1-2. It is a self guided tour with 43 artists, 17 working art studios and 6 new "stops of interest", a range of mini-workshops and demos, and plenty of art to be seen. I am one of the "stops of interest" and Official Guide-maps are available on site or check out the website. www.langleyartstudiotour.ca

I planted quite a few new dahlias this year and some of them are just spectacular. This bouquet is done with a new one called Sept Morn and Mellow Yellow. Is not the color just amazing!

This is not a new Dalia, but one of my favourite this time of year. I love the bold color combination of Blue, red and yellow.

I was playing today and came up with this vase for the store. A new Dahlia called Firebird and lots of grasses, hypericum, goldenrod and foliage. Very Fall inspired. I was definitely in a fall mood today with this rain.

No comments: