Friday, March 20, 2015

First week of Spring Update.

Happy Spring 2015!  I love this time of year.  The garden is waking up and I am well into my spring projects.  Both my propagation houses are full to overflowing.  One of my favourite spring projects is seeding all the many annuals and some perennials for the cutting garden.  It is so rewarding to see them germinate and grow.

Here are some snapdragon seedlings.  Snapdragons have a very small seed and take quite a while to grow.  It just about seems impossible that these little seedlings will be ready to plant out in a few weeks.
More perennials going in as well.  I am always adding new plants to the cutting garden.  This winter more Peonies were added yet again.  Just one more row. Festiva Maxima. Lillian Wild and Shirley Temple.  All in the Blush color family.  Sadly we will have to wait until 2016 to get any cuts off them but it is always well worth the wait.  Here is what the peonies look like under the ground.


Our Flower Shop will be re-opening in May.

No comments: